Dave Richards, Chairman
Tom Prosek, Trustee
Jake Treadwell, Trustee
Keith Hanson, Gen. Mgr./Treasurer
Steve McIntosh, Operations Manager
Kasey Carpenter, System Operator
Bryauna Alderin, Office Manager/Clerk
Chris Bremer, Snowbird
The Salt Lake County Service Area #3 Board of Trustees meeting was called to order by Chairman Richards at 12:02 pm.
MEETING MINUTES APPROVAL – As per Trustee Prosek and Chairman Richards a change to the minutes was made to add “Appointed Trustee” to Jake Treadwell’s title. Chairman Richards asked for a motion to approve 09/21/2021 meeting minutes as changed. Trustee Prosek motioned to approve and Trustee Treadwell seconded the motion and it passed unanimously.
2022 Preliminary Budget Discussion – Mr. Hanson briefly discussed the potential water and sewer rate increases which were presented at the last meeting. Mr. Hanson added the three different proposed rate increases to the spread sheet for the board member’s review. Mr. Hanson stated the 2022 proposed Operating budget will not be greatly affected by the potential rate increase. Mr. Hanson discussed the 2021 Salary & Wage costs, which are down from the 2021 approved budget of $272,506.00 to $257,506.00 due to not hiring a 2021 summer maintenance worker. 2022 preliminary Salary & Wages were increased to $304,683.00, due to the potential hiring of a full time/benefited System Operator in June of 2022. Mr. Hanson reviewed the 2021 Capital Budget; 2021 Approved budget was $83,500.00 total spent so far for 2021 is $115,500.00. Mr. Hanson stated because we have saved money in operating costs this year, we have been able to put a substantial amount into savings throughout 2021. 2021 approved budget for infrastructure replacement accounts was $111,000.00. We have put $240,000.00 between the three savings accounts in 2021. A letter will be drafted by Mr. Hanson in regards to a potential rate increase to our customers and will be sent out by Ms. Alderin with the October billing. The 2022 Budget hearing is December 14th, 2021 at the Board of Trustees meeting. A copy of the 2022 current preliminary budget is attached for review.
2021 Election updates- Ms. Alderin gave a brief update on Election information. In office, early voting begins October 19th and runs through 29th 2021. Last days for early voting are October 26th through October 29th2021. General Election Day November 2nd 2021. The Board of Canvassers meeting November 16th 2021.
Policy and Procedures review – Mr. Hanson reviewed the 2021 draft Policy & Procedures created by Mrs. Anderson from Fabian Van Cott. Mr. Hanson stated these Policy & Procedures are quite an improvement to what the current policies. There are some changes/corrections that will to be made to the draft over the next month. We will review at the next Board of Trustees meeting November 16th, 2021. The final draft will be reviewed and possibly adopted at the December 14th, 2021 Board of Trustees meeting.
SYSTEMS OPERATIONS AND DEVELOPMENT-
Mr. Hanson gave a brief update of the following:
· Sprint/T-Mobile phone plan had an issue with a Data overage for September billing. The issue has been corrected. We have moved to an unlimited data plan and saved money monthly.
· Snowbird Cogen Power plant water issue has been resolved. The water usage has gone to zero. SA3 will continue to monitor.
· Mr. Hanson asked Snowbird Snowmaking to test systems and make some snow to use water from the tunnel as it was over 240 feet.
· Due to a Snowbird Mountain B power issue over the last month. The Peruvian reservoir’s battery backup and plc had died. It has been repaired and reprogramed.
· Hidden Peak’s water line project has been completed. Hopefully this will fix the freeze issue in the line.
· Service Area standard construction specifications are from 1987. These need to be updated. Mr. Hanson will work on an updated construction specifications and have a draft for review at November 16th meeting.
· Cottonwood Improvement District has been cleaning and flushing the main sewer line. There is a flat section that runs from Entry 1 to the China Wall. There is growth on both sides of the 10” ductile iron pipe. We plan to potentially chain that pipe section summer 2022. Chaining the pipe will help get rid of the buildup on the sides of the pipe.
· Replacing the Lower Sewer meter at the mouth of the canyon and Alta Sewer meter in Fire Station 113. Going from ultra-sonic system to radar system, which is a simpler program and more cost efficient.
· Town of Alta approved the lowering and insulation of 2 Fire Hydrants that were a public safety concern due to freezing during winter.
· Mr. Hanson met with future Mayor of the Town of Alta Roger Bourke.
· Dominion Energy is still working to install gas meters for both Bay City Mine and Grizzly pump vault.
Badger Meter update– Mr. Hanson stated that to date Mr. McIntosh and Mr. Carpenter have installed 79 remote meters and are in service. SA3 continues to work with the Snowbird plumber and Zarbock plumbing to move forward installing the larger remote meters in the Hotels, Maintenance shop, Hilton and MidGad.
TREASURER’S REPORT Mr. Hanson reviewed with the Board of Trustees, the Balance Sheet Previous Year Comparison report through September 30th, 2021. The Profit and Loss Budget vs. Actual January 1st, 2021 through September 30th, 2021. These reports are emailed to members of the Board, prior to this Board meeting for their review. Financial reports are prepared by Salt Lake County Service Area #3. Copies of the financials are attached to the minutes.
APPROVAL OF BILLS PAID Chairman Richards moved that the bills listed on the check detail dated September 17th through October 14th 2021 as presented by Mr. Hanson hereby be authorized and ratified to be paid by the office manager. Chairman Richards asked for a motion to approve the check detail. Trustee Treadwell motioned to approve. Trustee Prosek seconded the motion and it passed unanimously. Copies of the approved bills are attached to the minutes.
ADJOURNMENT There being no further business to be discussed, Chairman Richards motioned to adjourn the meeting at 1:32 pm.
Salt Lake County Service Area #3-Snowbird