Dave Richards, Chairman
Kate McGuinness, Trustee
Tom Prosek, Trustee
Keith Hanson, Gen. Mgr./Treasurer
Steve McIntosh, Operations Manager
Kasey Carpenter, System Operator
Bryauna Alderin, Office Manager/Clerk
The Salt Lake County Service Area #3 Board of Trustees meeting was called to order by Trustee McGuinness at 11:59 am.
MEETING MINUTES APPROVAL Trustee McGuinness made a motion approving the meeting minutes from the September 17th, 2019 board meeting. Trustee Prosek motioned to approve, Trustee McGuinness seconded the motion and it was unanimously carried.
UASD Annual Convention November 6th-8th 2019 Trustee McGuinness discussed the 3-day agenda for the Utah Association of Special Districts Convention. Mr. Hanson stated that he would like Ms. Alderin to attend the convention. Ms. Alderin will register herself and Trustee McGuiness. A copy of the UASD agenda is attached to the minutes.
2020 Preliminary Budget Discussion continued Mr. Hanson reviewed the changes to the 2020 preliminary budget with the Board of Trustees. As per state requirements for the budget process. Mr. Hanson has had discussions with both Cottonwood Improvement District and Salt Lake City Public Utilities concerning the rate increases planned between 3% and 5% to the sewage and water costs to the Service Area beginning January 1st 2020. Mr. Hanson discussed the difference between the two preliminary budgets presented to the board which showed rate increases between 3% and 5% which is a revenue difference of $18,000.00. Mr. Hanson stated it comes down to how much the Service Area will need to move from the Water and Sewer capital accounts to accomplish the two large capital improvements planned for summer 2020. Direct Costs projected to be $360,365.00 an increase of $17,050.00. Operating Expenses projected $460,803.00 to increase by $36,000.00. Salary and Wages $252,620.00 an increase of $24,716.00. 2020 Capital improvements projected cost of $347,000.00, Mr. Hanson added $12,000.00 for a SKADA/PLC communications system update from the old system currently located Fire Department building to a new system possibly installed in the new cogeneration building. A copy of the 2020 preliminary budgets are attached to the minutes.
SA3 Policy and Procedure draft update Mr. Hanson stated that Ms. Alderin has gone through the policy and procedures and updated information to current. Mr. Hanson asked the board to review and bring changes to the November meeting.
SYSTEMS OPERATIONS AND DEVELOPMENT-
New Snowbird Co-gen building- Mr. Hanson discussed the progress of the Snowbird Cogeneration building. Snowbird has made the sewer and water utilities connections. Mr. Hanson stated it has been a struggle due to the many power outages due to the construction.
New Truck for Service Area- Mr. Hanson bid $15,000.00 on a 2017 Chevy work truck from Cottonwood Improvement District, bid was too low. Truck search is still in process.
T.V. Sewer Cleaning/Flushing- Mr. Hanson discussed Cottonwood Improvement District as of today the crew had made it to manhole #87. Snowbird Oktoberfest ends this weekend which will open up Chickadee hill and upper circle areas for cleaning/flushing.
Mr. Hanson gave a brief update of the following:
· Fire Hydrant flow testing requested by Fire Department.
· GIS server not currently working. Mr. Hanson is working on a solution.
· Replaced broken valve on the Hell gate line.
· Looking for a small leak in 14 Hell gate line between Cliff bus stop and the pump house.
· The new Snowbird Snowmaking line is to the pump house. We are in the process of tying in the 18 line to the current 12 line in the pump house. We will work Snowbird to tie in the new 18 snowmaking line to the existing 18 tunnel line in April 2020.
· Due to several recent lighting storms we lost one flow meter and two-level sensors. We are working to replace or warranty them.
· The planned electrical evaluation will be performed when new power line is installed in the pump station. The Service Area will begin load testing the circuits after the new line is installed.
· Wasatch Drain Tunnel Water Treatment Plant has been turned back on and running as per normal.
· Painting in the Tunnel scheduled for mid-November.
· 4-hour Tunnel tour for the Division of Drinking water engineers.
· Mr. Hanson has a meeting with the Town of Alta and the Bureau of Reclamation to discuss a grant given to the Town of Alta.
TREASURERS REPORT Mr. Hanson reviewed with the Board of Trustees, the Balance Sheet Previous Year Comparison report beginning September 1st 2019 through September 30th, 2019. The Profit and Loss Budget vs. Actual September 1st through September 30th, 2019. These reports are emailed to members of the board, prior to this board meeting for their review. Financial reports are prepared by Salt Lake County Service Area #3. Copies of financials are attached to the minutes.
APPROVAL OF BILLS PAID Chairman Richards moved that the bills listed on September 17th through October 11th 2019 payment registers, as presented by Mr. Hanson hereby be authorized and ratified to be paid by the office manager. Trustee Prosek motioned to approve. Chairman Richards seconded the motion and it passed unanimously. Copies of the approved bills are attached to the minutes.
ADJOURNMENT There being no further business to be discussed, Trustee McGuinness made a motion to adjourn the meeting, seconded by Trustee Prosek and unanimously carried at 1:33 pm.
Salt Lake County Service Area #3-Snowbird