Kate McGuinness, Trustee
Tom Prosek, Trustee
Keith Hanson, Gen. Mgr./Treasurer
Steve McIntosh, Operations Manager
Kasey Carpenter, System Operator
Bryauna Alderin, Office Manager/Clerk
Dave Richards, Chairman – Absent
The July 21st, 2020 Board of Trustees meeting was held electronically due to the current Utah State requirements for social distancing due to the COVID 19 pandemic.
The Salt Lake County Service Area #3 Board of Trustees meeting was called to order by Trustee Prosek at 12:04 pm.
MEETING MINUTES APPROVAL – Trustee Prosek motioned to approve the minutes from June 16th, 2020 meeting. Trustee McGuinness seconded the motion and it was unanimously carried.
Chickadee utility project review- Mr. Hanson stated that on July 15th the waterline portion of the project is complete. The water samples have come back clean and the water line is in service. Mr. Hanson is working with the Division of Drinking Water to obtain the operating permit for the new lines. Mr. Hanson is meeting with the engineers to update drawings of revised utility locations. Revegetation has been performed in disturbed areas and we are watering these areas to establish the vegetation. Mr. Hanson and Ms. Alderin will work on getting final costs together for the next board meeting. The Sewer line is close to completion, Mr. Hanson and Mr. Carpenter are meeting with Cottonwood Improvement District this afternoon to survey in the new manholes. Mr. Hanson stated by August 15th the new sewer line should be complete and in service.
Mid Gad water system corrective action plan- Mr. Hanson stated Mr. Carpenter was up there this week and took measurements for tank access and ventilation improvements required by the Division of Drinking Water. Jake Treadwell and Nima Mahak from Snowbird are both involved with the project. Estimated project completion in September.
SYSTEMS OPERATIONS AND DEVELOPMENT-
Mr. Hanson gave a brief update of the following:
· Alta’s improvement project for the Bay City mine puimping system is moving forward. Mr. Hanson and Aqua Engineering are submitting project notification to the Division of Drinking Water for approval. This includes a replacement pump (higher horsepower and deeper in the shaft) and a variable frequency drive (more efficient power) in the back of the mine. Rail and lighting improvements as well as retrofitting the Bay City Treatment plant with natural gas heat are also included in the project. Estimated project completion by the end of of October.
· Changing the GTO filter media in filter A at the Bay City treatment plant will be done this fall.
· Continued Water Meter improvement project – Steve McIntosh has been working to replace/repair water meters around the sugarplum village. We will also replace some Snowbird hotel water meters.
· Beginning Monday July 27th 2020 Cottonwood Improvement District will begin to camera and cleaning the main sewer lines starting at Alta.
· New drain valve for Wasatch Drain Tunnel to be installed sometime this fall.
· Excess debris in Manhole 110 built up after Snowbird reopened. Mr. Hanson is working on a solution with Cottonwood Improvement District to keep the build up from happening.
· Film Crew in Wasatch Drain Tunnel 3 days prep work, 2 days of filming. $7000.00 site fee. Mr. Carpenter and Mr. Rugg will be assisting the film crew.
· Working on Fraud risk assessment and EPA emergency response plan to be submitted by end of year.
Discussion and Approval 2019 Audit- Mr. Hanson stated that the Salt Lake County Service Area #3 had to certify the 2019 Audit with the state by June 30th 2020. Mr. Hanson signed as the Chief Financial Officer and Chairman Richards as Chief Administrator. All Board members reviewed the 2019 Eide-Baily Financial Audit report. Trustee Prosek motioned to approve the 2019 Eide-Baily Financial Audit. Trustee McGuinness seconded the motion and it was unanimously carried.
COVID 19 Update- Mr. Hanson discussed the ongoing precautions SA3 is taking. Take employee and visitor temperatures daily upon arrival, continuing to work split schedules as best we can with the work load. SA3 will continue with these procedures until CDC or State of Utah guidelines change.
TREASURER’S REPORT Mr. Hanson reviewed with the Board of Trustees, the Balance Sheet Previous Year Comparison report through June 30th, 2020. The Profit and Loss Budget vs. Actual January 1st through June 30th, 2020. These reports are emailed to members of the board, prior to this board meeting for their review. Financial reports are prepared by Salt Lake County Service Area #3. Copies of financials are attached to the minutes.
APPROVAL OF BILLS PAID Trustee Prosek moved that the bills listed on the check detail dated June 11th through July 16th, 2020 as presented by Mr. Hanson hereby be authorized and ratified to be paid by the office manager. Trustee McGuinness motioned to approve. Trustee Prosek seconded the motion and it passed unanimously. Copies of the approved bills are attached to the minutes.
ADJOURNMENT There being no further business to be discussed, Trustee Prosek motions to adjourn the meeting at 12:52 pm.
Salt Lake County Service Area #3-Snowbird