Dave Richards, Chairman
Tom Prosek, Trustee, Vice Chairman
Chris Bremer, Trustee
Keith Hanson, Gen. Mgr./Treasurer
Steve McIntosh, Operations Manager
Kasey Carpenter, System Operator
Bryauna Alderin, Office Manager/Clerk
The Salt Lake County Service Area #3 Board of Trustees meeting was called to order by Chairman Richards at 12:00 pm.
MEETING MINUTES APPROVAL – With two spelling corrections, and a verbiage change in the audit presentation section, Chairman Richards asked for a motion to approve the minutes as amended from the June 20th, 2022 Board meeting, Trustee Bremer motioned to approve, Vice Chairman Prosek seconded the motion and the motion carried with Chairman Richards abstaining from the vote.
Gilbert & Stewart 2021 Financial Audit - The Board reviewed the final Audit information. The Service Area is in good financial standing and has good policies in place to keep moving forward in a positive direction. Vice Chairman Prosek motioned to approve the 2021 Audit for Salt Lake County Service Area #3 as presented by Gilbert & Stewart. Trustee Bremer seconded the motion and it passed unanimously. A copy of the 2021 Audit is attached to meeting minutes for review.
SYSTEMS OPERATIONS AND DEVELOPMENT-
· Mr. Hanson discussed the continuing challenges with the Hidden Peak water system that are due primarily to the snowmaking water line that delivers water to Hidden Peak. Mr. Hanson stated in preparation of the Summit restaurant opening after the completion of the Snowbird Tram project, Mr. Carpenter took 6 Bac -T samples of raw water. All tests came back absent of Total Coliform. Mr. Hanson stated Hidden Peak water system ran over the weekend with no issues.
· Mr. Hanson stated the Service Area is in the process of upgrading the Sewer meters and the Meadow’s pump station. There are a couple of road blocks with installing the new Alta sewer meter, essentially construction equipment in the Superior lot is blocking the work area. On July 26th the lower sewer meter will be switched over to the new panel configuration as well as the SCADA system will be upgraded to the latest version. The Meadows pump station new panel will be installed approximately the first or second week of August.
· Mr. Hanson discussed construction challenges; Mr. Hanson stated Mr. Mcintosh has spent many hours assisting contractors this summer. The Service Area received a complaint call over the weekend concerning inadequate erosion control on lots 4&5 on Blackjack road. With recent rains a lot of construction debris was flowing into the storm drains. Mr. Hanson has spoken with the General contractors and they will be updating the erosion control to help with debris.
· Mr. Hanson stated that Newman construction has been working to lower the two Fire Hydrant lines in Alta at the Buckhorn and behind the Goldminers daughter. The Goldminers line was only 3 feet from the surface. Mr. Hanson explained the grade has been changed significantly since original installation. Newman construction lowered the lines to 6 feet and added 18” of fill where the line could not be lowered to help insulate the lines.
· Mr. Hanson informed the Board that we have hired Mr. John Brindle to fill the position of System Operator. He will begin working with us on July 26th.
· Mid Gad spring improvement - Mr. Hanson stated that the State of Utah has approved the Mid Gad spring improvement project. Mr. Hanson had a meeting with Snowbird to review final project costs and will know on Friday if Snowbird will approve the $170,000.00 cost of the project.
· 2022 Sanitary Survey - Mr. Hanson discussed the upcoming sanitary survey which happens every 3 years. Mr. Hanson briefly reviewed the 47-page questionnaire. Mr. Mcintosh and Mr. Carpenter have been working diligently to prepare for the survey. Mr. Hanson stated we are on track and mostly prepared for the survey.
· The Town of Alta has given plan approval for the Peruvian Estates west water system improvements. Mr. Hanson stated this project is a necessary improvement to the Town of Alta’s water system to provide adequate water services to that area of town.
TREASURER’S REPORT – Mr. Hanson briefly discussed the Deposit and Investment report that must be submitted every 6 months to the State Auditor’s office by the treasurer. Mr. Hanson reviewed with the Board of Trustees, the Balance Sheet Previous Year Comparison report through June 30th, 2022 and the Profit and Loss Budget vs. Actual January 1st, 2022 through June 30th, 2022. These reports are emailed to members of the Board prior to the Board meeting for their review. Financial reports are prepared by Salt Lake County Service Area #3. Copies of the financials and the Deposit and Investment report are attached to the minutes.
APPROVAL OF BILLS PAID- With some confusion because Ms. Alderin sent the wrong check detail with the minutes, the correct check detail was sent out to the board and Mr. Hanson reviewed a paper copy. Trustee Bremer motioned to approve the bills listed on the check detail dated June 17th through July 14th 2022 as presented by Mr. Hanson and hereby authorized and ratified to be paid by the office manager. Vice Chairman Prosek seconded the motion and it passed unanimously. Copies of the approved bills are attached to the minutes.
ADJOURNMENT- There being no further business to be discussed, Chairman Richards motioned to adjourn the meeting at 12:53pm.
Salt Lake County Service Area #3-Snowbird