Dave Richards, Chairman
Tom Prosek, Trustee, Vice Chairman
Chris Bremer, Trustee
Keith Hanson, Gen. Mgr./Treasurer
Steve McIntosh, Operations Manager
Kasey Carpenter, System Operator
Bryauna Alderin, Office Manager/Clerk
The Salt Lake County Service Area #3 Board of Trustees meeting was called to order by Vice Chairman Prosek at 9:03 am.
MEETING MINUTES APPROVAL –With a typo change to the Grizzly water system section “with to will”. Vice Chairman Prosek asked for a motioned to approve the minutes from the May 16th, 2022 Board meeting, Trustee Bremer motioned to approve, Vice Chairman Prosek seconded the motion and it passed unanimously.
Gilbert & Stewart 2021 Financial Audit Presentation-. Mr. Stewart presented and discussed the 2021 Salt Lake County Service Area #3 Audit report. Mr. Stewart discussed the Independent Auditors report of the financial statements and Compliance with Government auditing standards. Mr. Stewart went over the Internal Control portion of the audit and stated there were no findings and Salt Lake County Service Area #3 internal controls are good and are producing correct and accurate accounting information. Mr. Stewart then reviewed the State Compliance report and stated Salt Lake County Service Area #3 is within Utah State compliance for the 2021 Audit. Mr. Stewart stated that overall, Salt Lake County Service Area #3 is in compliance with Utah state law and in good financial standing. The Board of Trustees will review report and may approve it at the July board meeting. A copy of the 2021 Audit Report is attached to the minutes for review.
Public Hearing Open- Vice Chairman Prosek opened the public hearing at 9:17 am to discuss and approve Property tax rate resolution. Let it be noted that there were no public present.
Public Hearing Resolution 2022-1 Property Tax Rate- Mr. Hanson discussed the 2022 Property Tax Rate Resolution. The 2022 property tax revenue for Salt Lake County Service Area #3 is $30,106.00. The property tax rate for Salt Lake County Service Area #3 will be 0.000089. The tax valuation of Salt Lake County Service Area #3 is at $338,273,351.00. Vice Chairman Prosek asked for a motioned, Chairman Richards made a motion to adopt and approve the 2022-1 Property Tax Resolution. Trustee Bremer second the motion and it was unanimously carried. A copy of Resolution 2022-1 is attached to the minutes for review.
Public Hearing Closed- Public hearing closed at 9:25am.
2021 Consumer Confidence report- Mr. Hanson discussed the yearly report required by the EPA and Division of Drinking water prepared by Mr. Carpenter. This report is an opportunity to share information with our customers on the water systems operations and the water quality provided. A copy of the consumer report is attached to the meeting minutes also available at www.canyonwater.com.
SYSTEMS OPERATIONS AND DEVELOPMENT-
Mr. Hanson gave an update of the following:
· Badger Meters – Mr. Hanson stated, Mr. Carpenter and Mr. McIntosh installed a 4” badger beacon meter in the West Cliff. Currently there are 93 badger beacon meters in service. Mr. Hanson stated we have ordered an 8” meter for the Peruvian system for better monitoring. 2 residential meters are left to be installed.
· SBC Abandon man holes- When the Chickadee sewer main line was realigned in 2020, We abandoned 4 sewer manholes around the Snowbird center. The manholes have been filled and rings and lids removed with the exception of one which will be paved over.
· SE Group GIS Mapping- Mr. Hanson stated that Mark Homden from Snowbird will begin working towards “truthing” locations on the mountain.
· Sewer Meters- Mr. Hanson stated we will be moving the manhole access to the sewer meter vault at the mouth of the canyon out of the roadway. Mr. Carpenter has been working on building a new sewer meter box for the vault. Mr. Carpenter has also built new sewer meter box for the Alta sewer meter relocation to the Snowbird Cogeneration plant for better access. Along with the Meadows Pump station improvements, Mr. Hanson stated the Meadows pump station is getting upgraded Scada controls.
· Hidden Peak Water – Mr. Hanson discussed the continuing issues with the snowmaking water line that delivers the water to the Hidden Peak treatment plant. Mr. Hanson stated that himself and Mr. Carpenter have been working to solve the issue and will continue to troubleshoot until the issue is resolved.
· Mid Gad spring improvement - Mr. Hanson stated Division of Drinking water has approved of the Mid Gad spring improvement project. Mr. Hanson stated he is waiting on final approvals on cost from Snowbird.
· Alta Lodge water leak- Mr. Hanson stated that on Saturday June 11th 2022, Mr. McIntosh call him around 1:30 pm and made him aware of a 300-gpm water leak in front of the Alta Lodge. Mr. McIntosh, Mr. Carpenter and Newman construction came up to repair the leak. The leak was caused by the failure of a 1” saddle connection for the Deep Powder house. The repair was made with a saddle we had in inventory and water was turned back on Sunday June 12th a 10:30 am.
· Mr. Carpenter was at the shop on Saturday June 18th. Mr. Carpenter noticed the Treatment plant needed to be run and it normally does not run during this time of year. Mr. Carpenter did some investigating with his chlorine kit and was able to find the leak on the Bypass Road just below lower road of Sugarplum. Mr. Hanson and Mr. Carpenter decided the leak was minimal and the repairs would be made Monday June 20th. A small quarter size hole cause by a rock was found, Newman Construction and SA3 worked together Monday and Tuesday to complete the repair.
TREASURER’S REPORT - Mr. Hanson reviewed with the Board of Trustees, the Balance Sheet Previous Year Comparison report through May 31st, 2022. The Profit and Loss Budget vs. Actual January 1st, 2022 through May 31st, 2022. These reports are emailed to members of the Board, prior to the Board meeting for their review. Financial reports are prepared by Salt Lake County Service Area #3. Copies of the financials are attached to the minutes.
APPROVAL OF BILLS PAID- Vice Chairman Prosek motioned to approve the bills listed on the check detail dated May 13th through June 16th 2022 as presented by Mr. Hanson and hereby be authorized and ratified to be paid by the office manager. Charmain Richards seconded the motion and it passed unanimously. Copies of the approved bills are attached to the minutes.
ADJOURNMENT- There being no further business to be discussed, Vice Chairman Prosek motioned to adjourn the meeting at 10:15am.
Salt Lake County Service Area #3-Snowbird