Dave Richards, Chairman
Tom Prosek, Trustee
Chris Bremer, Trustee
Keith Hanson, Gen. Mgr./Treasurer
Steve McIntosh, Operations Manager
Kasey Carpenter, System Operator
Bryauna Alderin, Office Manager/Clerk
The Salt Lake County Service Area #3 Board of Trustees meeting was called to order by Chairman Richards at 12:01 pm.
MEETING MINUTES APPROVAL –With a correction to the spelling of Trustee Prosek’s last name in the Approval of Bills paid section, Chairman Richards asked for a motion to approve the minutes from the February 14th 2022 Board meeting. Trustee Bremer motioned to approve and Trustee Prosek seconded the motion and it passed unanimously.
DRAFT CONSTRUCTION STANDARDS – Mr. Hanson reviewed the final draft of the Salt Lake County Service Area #3 Water System Construction Standards & Specifications. Mr. Hanson stated he worked with Chairman Richards and Trustee Prosek on final edits. Chairman Richards asked for a motion to approve the Construction Standards. Trustee Bremer seconded the motion and it passed unanimously. A copy of the Construction Standards is attached to the meeting minutes for review.
2021 MUNICIPAL WASTEWATER PLANNING PROGRAM ANNUAL REPORT- Mr. Carpenter presented the 17-page 2021 Municipal Wastewater Planning Program annual report to the Board. This report is required by the Utah DEQ and is approved by the Board. Trustee Prosek motioned to approve 2021 Municipal wastewater plan as presented by Mr. Carpenter. Chairman Richards seconded the motion and it was unanimously carried. A copy of the report is attached to the meeting minutes for review.
SYSTEMS OPERATIONS AND DEVELOPMENT-
WATER SAMPLING – Mr. Hanson informed the Board that February’s routine water sample result from the Snowbird Summit kitchen on Hidden Peak showed the presence of Coliform. Mr. Hanson stated that the presence of Coliform requires immediate resampling. Resampling was done by Mr. Carpenter in the required 4 locations. 3 of those samples came back good (including the one taken from the kitchen tap that failed the first time) but the source sample showed the presence of Coliform. Mr. Hanson stated the Summit building is delivered untreated water through Snowbird’s snowmaking system. This water is then treated by thre Hidden Peak water treatment plant. While there is no definitive answer as to why Coliform was present in the Summit kitchen sample initially, the assumption is dirt entered the snowmaking line somewhere and that is possibly where the Coliform contamination came from. The raw water tanks on Hidden Peak were drained, flushed and chlorinated and more samples were taken to help assist us in correcting the problem. The water system is in compliance and the water is safe for consumption.
SE GROUP GIS MAPPING SYSTEM - Mr. Hanson stated the Service Area has met with the SE Group twice in regards to updating the utility mapping for the Service Area in conjunction with Snowbird. Mr. Hanson stated that the Service Area information has uploaded into the mapping system well. Possibly ready for a review at the next board meeting.
Mr. Hanson gave a brief update of the following:
· Mr. Hanson will continue working with Snowbird on project notification for the redevelopment of the Mid Gad spring.
· Accountant Steve Rowley from Keddington & Christianson’s spent 3 days during the first week of March at the Service Area working on 2021 Audit preparation.
· The Division of Drinking Water completed the minimum sizing standards requirement for the Town of Alta water system. Mr. McIntosh worked with the DDW and DWR to remove the snowmaking water from the data used to determine the sizing standards as they are not relevant to the standard. The Division of Drinking Water minimum sizing standards for the Service Area was completed, reviewed and approved in January 2022.
· Mr. McIntosh and Mr. Carpenter took samples of the Bay City Treatment plant filter media for disposal. We are waiting for sample results. The new filter media is on the way.
· Mrs. Springer from Blackjack lodge requested a quote for annual payment information. Ms. Alderin put numbers together and emailed them to Mrs. Springer to take to their Board members.
· The installation of the new blower in the Wasatch Drain Tunnel is complete and 200 ft. of the 300 ft. new 12” ducting has been installed.
· Mr. Carpenter passed the Water Treatment grade 4 test he took at the RWAU conference the first week of March. Nice work, Mr. Carpenter.
· Summer Projects –
1) Finish abandonment of Sewer line and Manholes behind the Snowbird Center.
2) New meter vault access at mouth of the canyon, and updating sewer meter.
3) Updates to Wasatch Drain Tunnel treatment plant. Last update was in 2010.
· Mr. Hanson stated he received confirmation of the Cottonwood Improvement District sewage treatment rate increase for 2022. In 2021 the rate was $3.31 per thousand gallons, for 2022 the rate will increase by 25% to $4.46 per thousand gallons.
TREASURER’S REPORT -Mr. Hanson reviewed with the Board of Trustees, the Balance Sheet Previous Year Comparison report through February 28th 2022. The Profit and Loss Budget vs. Actual January 1st, 2022 through February 28th, 2022. These reports are emailed to members of the Board, prior to this Board meeting for their review. Financial reports are prepared by Salt Lake County Service Area #3. Copies of the financials are attached to the minutes.
APPROVAL OF BILLS PAID- Chairman Richards moved that the bills listed on the check detail dated February 11th through March 17th 2022 as presented by Mr. Hanson hereby be authorized and ratified to be paid by the office manager. Chairman Richards asked for a motion to approve the check detail. Trustee Prosek motioned to approve. Trustee Bremer seconded the motion and it passed unanimously. Copies of the approved bills are attached to the minutes.
ADJOURNMENT- There being no further business to be discussed, Chairman Richards motioned to adjourn the meeting at 1:18 pm.
Salt Lake County Service Area #3-Snowbird