Dave Richards, Chairman
Kate McGuinness, Trustee
Tom Prosek, Trustee
Keith Hanson, Gen. Mgr./Treasurer
Steve McIntosh, Operations Manager
Kasey Carpenter, System Operator
Bryauna Alderin, Office Manager/Clerk
The Salt Lake County Service Area #3 Board of Trustees meeting was called to order by Chairman Richards at 2 pm.
MEETING MINUTES APPROVAL – Trustee McGuinness motioned to approve the minutes from January 21st 2020. Trustee Prosek seconded the motion and it was unanimously carried.
SA3 Bylaws Chairman/ Vice Chairman selection- As per section 3.2.1 of the SA3 Bylaws. Mr. Hanson stated each calendar year board members shall choose an acting Chairman and Vice Chairman for the year. The Board discussed the positions and Chairman Richards will continue in his position of Chairman. Trustee Prosek will carry the position of Vice Chairman for the year 2020. Trustee McGuinness motioned to approve Dave Richards as Chairman and Tom Prosek as Vice Chairman for calendar year 2020. Trustee Prosek seconded the motion and it was unanimously carried.
Rural Water Conference Utah- Mr. Hanson discussed the upcoming rural water conference in St. George, UT February 25th – 28th 2020. Keith Hanson, Bryauna Alderin, Kasey Carpenter and Steve McIntosh will be attending. Conference agenda is attached to minutes.
SYSTEMS OPERATIONS AND DEVELOPMENT-
Chickadee utility project- Mr. Hanson went over the draft engineering plans for the project. SA3 will be cost sharing the project with Snowbird. SA3 will be the owner/contractor on this project. Mr. Hanson stated SA3 has a budget of $350,000.00 for the project. Mr. Hanson stated he will have a firm project cost by the next board meeting. Estimated project start date is 1st week of April. Engineering plans and draft cost sheet are attached to minutes.
Mid Gad Restaurant water system- Mr. Hanson stated the MidGad water system is currently in violation of the Division of Drinking Water Standards. Mr. Hanson met with Nima Mahak from Snowbird concerning the water storage tanks at Mid Gad restaurant that are in need of improvement in order to be in compliance with drinking water standards. This could include an additional culinary water storage tank. Mr. Hanson would like to make other small improvements to the Mid Gad water system while the tank improvements are happening. An improvement plan needs to be submitted by April 2020 to the Division of Drinking Water
Mr. Hanson gave a brief update of the following:
· Mr. Hanson sent out a sewer memo to Snowbird concerning the problems with flushing paper towels and flushable wipes. It seems to be helping with the issue. We plan to send the memo out to all customers and the Town of Alta.
· Manhole repair 2/10/20- The manhole in Superior lot that allows access to the Alta sewer flume was damaged by the Snowbird plow. This is the third time this year. Mr. Hanson contacted Cottonwood Improvement District and their manhole crew lowered and replaced the manhole. SA3 will bill Snowbird for the repair.
· Peruvian system billing meter replaced.
· Creekside Day lodge water used so far in February 42,000 gallons.
· Tunnel painting project is on hold due to temperatures and condensation. Will resume painting when it warms up a bit.
· State fraud risk assessment draft discussion. A copy is attached for review.
· 2019 Eide Bailey Audit begins Monday March 31st 2020.
· Vacuum regulator replaced in the Pump house chlorine room.
TREASURER’S REPORT Mr. Hanson reviewed with the Board of Trustees, the Balance Sheet Previous Year Comparison report beginning January 1st, 2020 through January 30th, 2020. The Profit and Loss Budget vs. Actual January 1st, through January 30th 2020. These reports are emailed to members of the board, prior to this board meeting for their review. Financial reports are prepared by Salt Lake County Service Area #3. Copies of financials are attached to the minutes.
APPROVAL OF BILLS PAID Chairman Richards moved that the bills listed on the check detail dated January 16th through February 17th, 2020, as presented by Mr. Hanson hereby be authorized and ratified to be paid by the office manager. Trustee Prosek motioned to approve. Trustee McGuinness seconded the motion and it passed unanimously. Copies of the approved bills are attached to the minutes.
ADJOURNMENT There being no further business to be discussed, Chairman Richards motions to adjourn the meeting at 3:15 pm.
Salt Lake County Service Area #3-Snowbird