Dave Richards, Chairman
Tom Prosek, Trustee
Chris Bremer, Trustee
Keith Hanson, Gen. Mgr./Treasurer
Steve McIntosh, Operations Manager
Kasey Carpenter, System Operator
Bryauna Alderin, Office Manager/Clerk
The Salt Lake County Service Area #3 Board of Trustees meeting was called to order by Chairman Richards at 12:01 pm.
MEETING MINUTES APPROVAL –With no changes to be made, Chairman Richards asked for a motion to approve the minutes from the January 10th 2022 Board meeting. Trustee Bremer motioned to approve and Trustee Prosek seconded the motion and it passed unanimously.
SA3 Bylaws Chairman/ Vice Chairman selection- As per section 3.2.1 of the SA3 Bylaws, Mr. Hanson stated each calendar year the board members shall choose an acting Chairman and Vice Chairman for the year. The Board discussed the positions and Trustee Prosek motioned to appoint Dave Richards as Chairman for calendar year 2022. Trustee Bremer seconded the motion and it was unanimously carried. Trustee Bremer motioned to appoint Trustee Prosek as Vice Chairman for calendar year 2022. Chairman Richards second the motion and it was unanimously carried.
2022 State Auditor Fraud Risk assessment – Mr. Hanson discussed the Fraud Risk assessment annual requirement. The State of Utah started the Fraud Risk assessment in 2019. Mr. Hanson presented the 2022 risk assessment draft completed February 14th 2022 by Ms. Alderin. For the 2022 draft assessment Salt Lake County Service Area #3 scored 330/395 which puts the Service Area #3 at a Low risk level for 2022. Ms. Alderin presented the Board with updated copies of the Conflict-of-Interest Policy & Form and the Ethical behavior Pledge annual signature requirements for the Fraud Risk assessment. A copy of the 2022 Fraud Risk assessment is attached for review.
Draft Construction Standards – Mr. Hanson reviewed the 15 plate drawings. A copy of the draft standards has been sent to all the board members for review. It will be put on the agenda for the March board meeting for discussion and approval. A copy of the draft is attached to the minutes.
SYSTEMS OPERATIONS AND DEVELOPMENT-
Updating GIS Mapping System - Mr. Hanson stated the Service area has entered an agreement with SE Group and Snowbird to update the current GIS mapping systems. The approximate costs for the Service Area will be $7000.00.
Mid-Gad restaurant project- Mr. Hanson has met with Snowbird regarding this project. Snowbird has had some setbacks due to the cost of the project. Snowbird is still planning on some upgrades to the water system this summer. Mr. Hanson will continue working with Snowbird on project notification for the redevelopment of the Mid Gad spring.
Mr. Hanson gave a brief update of the following:
· Mr. Hanson has ordered the new PLC panel for the Meadows lift station. The Meadows is the oldest PLC in the system. The Service Area will be upgrading the Power panel and SCADA panel for better control of the system.
· The New blower (air circulation system) for the Wasatch Drain Tunnel has finally shipped. Mr. Carpenter and Mr. McIntosh picked up 300’ of 12” duct for the blower replacement project.
· Badger Meter update, Mr. McIntosh and Mr. Carpenter have installed 87 remote meters and are in service.
· February 9th Mr. Hanson met with the Town of Alta. Discussing Filter A media replacement, Capital improvement plans and water line improvement priorities. Mr. Hanson stated the Town of Alta plans to replace the West Peruvian estates 2” water line and PRV this summer.
· Town of Alta Fire hydrant at the Buckhorn has frozen. Mr. McIntosh and Mr. Carpenter spent a couple hours trying to unfreeze the line to no avail. The hydrant that was insulated this fall is in good working order.
· Bay City Treatment Plant Filter A media will be replaced in late April.
· Mr. Hanson received a letter for the Division of Drinking water detailing that the EPA has finalized the Lead and Copper rule revisions as of December 2021. This rule change will affect all water systems. The Service Area will begin a service line inventory to identify any lead service lines, Mr. Hanson stated that the majority of the Service lines in the Service Area are Copper, Ductal Iron or HDPE pipe.
· Mr. Hanson discussed another regulation brought on by the EPA, Medium PWS registration for the Fifth unregulated contaminant monitoring rule published December 27th 2021. The UCMR 5 will require extra sampling to test for 29 per – and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) and lithium analysis during a 12-month period between 2023 and 2025. The EPA will pay for sampling.
· Mr. McIntosh and Mr. Carpenter will be attending the Rural Water Conference March 1st – 4th. Mr. Carpenter will be testing for Treatment 4.
TREASURER’S REPORT Mr. Hanson reviewed with the Board of Trustees, the Balance Sheet Previous Year Comparison report through January 31st 2022. The Profit and Loss Budget vs. Actual January 1st, 2022 through January 31st, 2022. These reports are emailed to members of the Board, prior to this Board meeting for their review. Financial reports are prepared by Salt Lake County Service Area #3. Copies of the financials are attached to the minutes.
APPROVAL OF BILLS PAID Chairman Richards moved that the bills listed on the check detail dated January 7th through February 10th 2022 as presented by Mr. Hanson hereby be authorized and ratified to be paid by the office manager. Chairman Richards asked for a motion to approve the check detail. Trustee Prose motioned to approve. Trustee Bremer seconded the motion and it passed unanimously. Copies of the approved bills are attached to the minutes.
ADJOURNMENT There being no further business to be discussed, Chairman Richards motioned to adjourn the meeting at 1:06 pm.
Salt Lake County Service Area #3-Snowbird